FYI

For those of you not in recovery just a heads up F.I.N.E. is a most amazing acronym. It stands for fucked up, insecure, neurotic, and emotional. A state I have found myself in a time or two.


Tuesday, May 31, 2011

MY BFF's

WISE woman once said...There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. Surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of LIFE, getting back up is LIVIN

It took me a lot of years to figure this one out, but I think I have it down now. The past couple of months have been pretty rough for me but now that I am down here in Missoula with a new start and a new life they are better and much smoother.  But I truly have to acknowledge 5 people that I could not have made it through the last couple of months without.

Sandy Ice, Sarah Sandberg, Jami Manning and Chrystine Harvey (Webster),  without them there to let me long distance cry on their shoulders and to encourage me when I was down and just to let me know they were there for me no matter what was HUGE to me.  Sandy and Sarah, you both made me laugh while instant messaging when I felt like I would never be able to laugh again.  I love you both.  Sandy, we have been close since prison, I will never have anyone that understands where I came from more than you do.  We have seen a lot together and I am sure we will see much more.  I love you so much.  Jami, and Chrystine...OMG I don't even know where to start.  You two are amazing.  You have both been with me for a couple years now through lots of ups and downs.  When I lost Dex and didn't think I would make it through that you both got me through it.  Then when I started school you have both been my cheerleaders.  With the ending of my marriage, you two were always there.  The fact that you both came to Kalispell for my graduation means more to me than I can even begin to express.  I love you both so much.  I am so blessed to have people like the four of you in my life.  I have never before had such an amazing supportive group of people around me and I say thanks for it every day.

Alright, I know I said 5 people and I only mentioned 4.  The 5th deserves recognition all on his own.  He has been a Godsend for me.  Before I left my ex I had talked to him about what was going on, and he was amazingly supportive.  He would text me every night to be sure I was okay.  He would text me several times over the weekends to be sure all was well and just to talk.  When I finally left he provided me with somewhere to go, and his parents provided me with an amazing home for 2 months until I could come down here.  He was with me at my worst and I know there were times that I put him through absolute hell and he stuck with me.  Sometimes I am pretty sure he wished I was elsewhere but he was always there for me and always supportive and encouraging.  He has seen me at my absolute worst and still willingly talks to me after it.  That fact in and of itself counts for a hell of a lot in my book.  I would have been truly lost without him and most likely not here to share these insights that I am sharing.  Tim Bridwell, God love ya, I don't know where I would be right now without you.  You have treated me with more respect and consideration than  I have ever been shown in my life.  You have been protective of me defensive of me, gentle with me when I needed it and really tough with me when I needed that, and you always encouraged me to keep going forward and to keep my head up, you still do.  You had confidence in me when I had none, you made me (in spite of myself) see that I did have worth and value to others.  That I was more than just a super-smart over-achiever that pulled people together and encouraged them to work at getting good grades too.  I don't even know what more to say.  You and your family will always have a very special place in my heart.  I love you all, so much.

For all of the people I mentioned here there are not enough words made or invented to thank them for what they have been and done for me.  Mere words will not sum up the feelings of gratitude and love I feel for all of them.

I want to end this with another really awesome quote that I found somewhere

Don't be reckless with other peoples hearts.
Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Never again will I put up with someone who is reckless with my heart and heaven knows I will always guard and treasure my place in these peoples hearts.

2 comments:

  1. awwww. mama is so glad hers & your paths crossed!! we love you Auntie Ter!!! xoxoxox
    ~Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  2. *You maketh ... me snivel* Me love you too TerTer!!! *muah* ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete