FYI

For those of you not in recovery just a heads up F.I.N.E. is a most amazing acronym. It stands for fucked up, insecure, neurotic, and emotional. A state I have found myself in a time or two.


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Better Days

Today is a better day than yesterday was.  It helped to just say all that and get it out. 

Today is a good day all in it's own.  I landmark day for me.  I discharge my prison sentence today.  Which means I go from Parole to Probation.  People that don't understand they system will think "whats the difference"  The difference is HUGE.  When on parole you still have actual prison time to serve, it means you were paroled out of prison before you served the amount of years you were sentenced to.  It also means you can go back to prison because your parole officer says you should.  Once you discharge the prison time you move to any suspended time of your sentence.  Plus to be sent back to prison you now have to go before a judge and usually only for a serious violation of your terms.  Since I have not violated since I got out of prison it has never been a worry for me but still it is a milestone to me that I am closer to being done with it all. 

Until next time,.

No comments:

Post a Comment